Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Rio "The Marvelous City"




This is Rio's nickname and so appropriate. The landscape is so majestic although there are "favelas" (slums) almost in every view.
I am reminded of a phrase from the song, "Shout to the Lord" when I am in Rio de Janeiro. The words that describe this landscape are as follows...

"the mountains bow down and the seas will roar at the sound of His Name! I sing for joy at the work of Your hands forever I'll love You for ever I'll stand nothing compares to the promise I have in You!"

This is the view of "Sugarloaf" (Pão de Açúcar) from the "Christ the Redeemer" (Cristo Redentor) which stands on Corcovado Mountain. The Christ Statue stands 125 ft. tall and to walk up to it you have to travel 220 steps!
The heading on my page is a view from the top of our hotel looking towards Copacabana Beach. The first picture is a view of a favela looking from the roof just behind the hotel! Such a contrast of landscapes and lifestyles! Praise God He came to save the rich and the poor!
If you missed our updates from Rio you can get a good idea of how blessed our trip was by reading our daily journal updates which were written by our fabulous writer Page Hughes.

1 comment:

João Esteves said...

From Brazil, my appreciation. Good looking blog with shots from Rio de Janeiro, a text which leaves no doubt concerning your Christian faith. everything beautiful.